Dicistroviridae

Genus: Cripavirus

Genus: Cripavirus

Distinguishing features

Members of the Cripavirus genus exhibit the Type I IGR IRES structure (Jan et al. 2006).  The type I IRES is characterized by the presence of a conserved consensus bulge sequence (UGAUCU/UGC), absence of a third stem loop in Pseudoknot I, and the presence of a consensus sequence (UUAC) downstream of stem loop I.

Virion

See discussion under family description.

Genome organization and replication

Antigenicity

Biology

Species demarcation criteria

Sequence identity at the amino acid level between the capsid proteins of isolates and strains of a species is above 90%. Note that by this definition, Nilaparvata lugens C virus is a member of species Cricket paralysis virus.

Derivation of names

Cripa: siglum derived from the name of the type member of the genus, Cricket paralysis virus

Member species

SpeciesVirus name(s)Exemplar isolateExemplar accession numberExemplar RefSeq numberAvailable sequenceOther isolatesOther isolate accession numbersVirus Abbreviation(s)
Aphid lethal paralysis virusaphid lethal paralysis virusAF536531NC_004365Complete genomeALPV
Cricket paralysis viruscricket paralysis virusAF218039NC_003924Complete genomeCrPV
Drosophila C virusDrosophila C virusEBAF014388NC_001834Complete genomeDCV-EB
Rhopalosiphum padi virusRhopalosiphum padi virusAF022937NC_001874Complete genomeRhPV

Virus names, the choice of exemplar isolates, and virus abbreviations, are not official ICTV designations.
Download GenBank/EMBL query for sequences listed in the table here.

Related, Unclassified Viruses

Virus name

Accession number

Virus abbreviation

Anopheles C virus

KU169878

AnCV

goose faecal-sample dicistrovirus

KT873140

-

Nilaparvata lugens C virus

KM270560

NlCV

Virus names, the choice of exemplar isolates, and virus abbreviations, are not official ICTV designations.
Download GenBank/EMBL query for sequences listed in the table here.

• Created by
  • When: Feb 23, 2017 1:30 PM
  • Last revision by
  • When: Nov 29, 2017 11:03 PM
  • Revisions: 9
  • Comments: 0